Monday, August 1, 2016
Sunday, July 17, 2016
Pulses are important for our world wide food security. They are:
- Good for people as they are packed with nutrients and have a high protein and fibre content.
- Good for soil as their nitrogen-fixing properties improve soil fertility without overloading on synthetic fertilizer.
- Highly water efficient and produce low greenhouse gas emissions.
- Broadly genetically diversified from which climate resilient varieties can be selected.
- Storable for months without processing or freezing without losing their high nutritional content.
Much of this has been gathered from the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization and from Pulse Canada. Both groups want to encourage groups and individuals to grow and use Pulses and are happy to share their information. Let us know what you think of this new feature using the Contact us button on the top right of the screen.
If you would like to have our posts delivered directly too you, click on the Follow Us button at the top left of the screen. Click or Tap on the Monkey to get email.
Friday, July 1, 2016
Saturday, June 25, 2016
Friday, June 17, 2016
Saturday, June 11, 2016
Wednesday, June 1, 2016
Sunday, May 1, 2016